Get creative with this one! You can roll it up burrito style, serve it over tortilla chips and top with cheese, green onions, olives, lettuce and salsa for nachos. Or pile it on a bed of lettuce with your favorite toppings and some cilantro ranch dressing (my favorite option for sure!) It's one of my favorite meals for those crazy days we all have because it's a comfort food and it's also quick and easy to serve.
*gluten free *soy free *dairy free
Pantry to Table in: 8-10 hours
2 lb. boneless pork roast
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth (I used reduced sodium)
1/4-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place pork roast in crock pot.
- Pour chicken broth over the roast and sprinkle with pepper.
- Cook on low at least 6 hours. 8-10 is preferable as your roast will be more tender.
- If you have time, shred the pork 1-2 hours before serving, add cilantro, and continue to cook on low.
- 15 minutes before serving, drain the shredded pork and spread it out in a 9x13" metal baking pan, or on a cookie sheet. I lined mine with foil for easy clean up! The meat shouldn't be piled higher than 2 inches for even browning.
- Move your oven rack to a high position that is just under the heating element. Broil on high 5-10 minutes, until the pork on top begins to get crispy. Watch it very carefully so as not to burn it or dry it out.
- Remove from the oven and serve on tortillas, lettuce, or tortilla chips!